Pusat Penyelidikan Klinikal
The Clinical Research Centre Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah (CRC HTPG) is established in Taiping,Perak as part of the Network of Clinical Research Centres of the Ministry of Health (MOH).
CRC HTAR is responsible for conducting quality and ethical research to improve patient outcome in Hospital Taiping
The vision of the CRC is to become a leading clinical research organisation in Asia.
CRC is to function as a one stop centre to meet all your clinical research needs in Malaysia and to turn Malaysia as Asia’s all-in-one location for clinical research.
TTo support and facilitate research activities in the hospital through the provision of: Database of clinicians interested in research –interest areas, track record on Industry Sponsored Research (ISR) or Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) and publications; technical support such as statistical analysis;administrative support such as providing research assistants and study coordinators, facility support such as IT, statistical software, and others, and work station
- To assist in the registration of research protocol to NMRR (National Medical Research Register ) and application of grants for research
- Participates in clinical trials and other research initiated or coordinated by the national CRC
- To promote research through capacity building in the following ways:
- Conduct courses like Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Research Practice (GRP), research methodology and biostatistics
- Conduct regular in-house Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Research clinics – providing consultation on research methodology, study design, protocol and statistical analysis
- Mentoring programme for clinicians and other medical professionals interested in research